Sunday, May 22, 2011

So much to say...

So little time to actually say it!  Wow... Time is flying faster than the qualifying at Indy.  Hayden is already almost 14 weeks old- and growing like a weed doesn't begin to cover it.

At his 2 month checkup he was just under 12 lbs and 22" long.  Last Monday at his 3 month checkup he was 14.25 lbs and 25" long!  My little man has become a big chunk o' baby!  He's really discovered his voice, too.  If you've called my house or gotten to hang out with us lately, you can attest to the fact that my son likes to talk just about as much as I do.  He's discovered the use of his hands, and loves to hang on to his onesies when I change his diapers.  I think it's cute and almost helpful at this point, I'm sure it'll get annoying the bigger he gets!  He's also starting to teethe a little!  He doesn't actually have teeth coming in just yet, but they're definitely "on the move" and his poor little gums are itching him something fierce- so he's chewing on Sophie the Giraffe quite a bit, as well as trying to fit his entire fists in his mouth.  That's funny to watch, and hear, when he tries to talk through his hand! 

Hayden has also discovered that he vastly prefers sitting up to lying down.  It's about time for us to find a Bumbo for him so he can practice keeping his balance.  As it is, he enjoys spending his late mornings (after his second breakfast) sitting in his daddy's lap and playing Xbox.  He's shown us that he loves to watch sports on TV.  So much so that he even gets upset when commercials come on!  I don't think it has anything to do with the bright, flashing colors on the screen (tee hee).  And we're both thankful that Michael's "busy season" has come to a close!  I'll admit, it has been very difficult to be a mommy without having Daddy around...  But I think that it's going to be a fun summer for all three of us! 

Thanks for keeping up with my blog, I know I don't post nearly enough- but honestly there's so much going on, it's hard to find a free minute to compose much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?